donderdag 5 mei 2011

Return from a long absence

It has been quite a while since I posted anything here. And the longer you stay away the higher the hurdle becomes to restart this. So now I have taken the big step and took the effort to start another post. I am not even going to attempt to recap the last 6 months. I have created a lot of yarn in that period and created some shawls.

One of them was this "masterpiece", the evenstar :
This shawl was made from a 1st place winning fleece of a black alpaca and turned out beautiful.


On good friday this year I went back to the same alpaca farm and bought a total of 9 fleeces (all showfleeces) which I will turn into some beautiful shawls again this year.

I am currently working on the Rock Island shawl making in white alpaca :
Currently have made 14 repeats of the edge as this shawl is an edge inward knit shawl.

I am also almost finished knitting the first thing for myself *GASP*.... I have made a rectangular shawl named Goldberry, the same designer as the evenstar. Very very nice soft darkbrown alpaca homespun yarn. I have to take some pictures soon as it is done.

On the spinning side of things I have a new wheel, I have sold my antique wheel and bought a Louet S10 whcih has a bit more options and works a bit nicer and smoother.

Currently on my wheel I have a baby alpaca fleece from the set of showfleeces, it is a very miraculour colour called Rosegrey. This fleece ranging from grey to a brownish red. The spun yarn is a very beautiful color.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Nice to hear from you!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hey, welcome back! I've missed the blog, so nice to have you back again! And I LOVE the Evenstar (I'm actually wearing mine right now :), it looks gorgeous in that dark colour! Did you give it to your wife, or is it framed and mounted on the wall?

    Hugs / Jenny

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thank you all, Jenny the Evenstar is off course given to my wife and she calls it her discoshawl since the 3000 white beads with silver cores actually made it crazy sparkly.

    I personally call it the Dark Evenstar and is only half the job... the Ligh Evenstar has to be made still... in the near future

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen